HPC Health Ministry
Health Ministry of Hillsboro Presbyterian Church focuses on the health and
wellness of its congregation and the surrounding community. We attempt to meet
this goal through the ministry of the parish nurse and other nurse and
non-nurse volunteers in connecting with the lives of others, encouraging, being
a personal presence, listening, teaching, and showing God’s love.
parish nurse functions within the parameters of seven (7) major roles. These
- Health Educator – we offer monthly blood pressure
clinics, educational brochures, newsletter articles, classes/speakers,
- Personal Health Counselor – we provide in-person or
telephonic counseling regarding health issues and problems.
- Referral Agent – we provide congregational and
community resources for healing, wellness, and social needs.
- Health Advocate –we encourage the best solution for
healing and wholeness in body, mind and spirit.
- Facilitator of Volunteers – we may encourage those within the
faith community to serve in the health ministry and to meet the needs of
- Developer of Support Groups – we can facilitate the development
of support groups to meet member needs and those of the external
- Integrator of Faith and Health – we seek to promote the
understanding of the relationship between faith and health in all our
contacts and activities.
The parish nurse does not provide hands-on care, but does
facilitate the use of resources within the church and the community.
2nd Sunday of every month: Blood pressures done in
the Library after church
HPC Parish Nurse NJ Smith, RN- contact information available in the church
directory or through the church office.