Director of Youth Ministries
Part-Time (10-15 hours per week)
Hillsboro Presbyterian Church 172 NE 32nd Ave., Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-5660 www.hillsboropres.org
PURPOSE: To serve the church by leading a comprehensive, creative and expanding educational ministry that exemplifies and seeks to reach out to youth and young adults at all levels of faith, in all races, genders and cultural groups, to assist them in their growth toward spiritual maturity. We define a spiritually mature youth or young adult as one who:
· Demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Shares the love of God with everyone
· Regularly devotes time for studying the Bible
· Acknowledges the Bible as the ultimate guide for life
· Participates in service projects for the community and the world
· Understands that it is the Holy Spirit who makes it possible for us to live godly lives
· Is an active member of a church
· Shows respect, responsibility and stewardship in all areas of life.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Pastor/Head of Staff, Education Co-mission and the Session of Hillsboro Presbyterian Church.
SCOPE OF WORK: Part time – ¼ time (10-15 hours per week)
Minister to Junior High and High School students by:
· Being a friend to and a positive role model for the youth of the church and community
· Identifying, resourcing and nurturing student leaders and adult advisors;
· Maintaining an open line of communication with parents and guardians, keeping them informed about the program, make personal visits with students and their families, making phone calls, and arranging for regular publicity.
· Creating situations in and outside of the program that establish relationships
Develop and coordinate, with volunteer leaders, Christ centered, relational, and creative experiences by:
· Utilize relational and team building exercises to develop friendships amongst students and within the leadership team.
· Planning and leading relevant thematic/issue based lessons to promote spiritual and personal growth in weekly youth gatherings, Bible study, small groups and worship.
· Planning and organizing for recreation, games and other creative activities.
· Providing resources, leadership training, and guidance for volunteer leaders.
· Coordinating special events, including camps, retreats, trips, service and mission projects.
· Attending worship weekly and promoting youth attendance.
· Meeting monthly with the Education Co-mission to:
- Coordinate the youth ministry within the whole of the educational ministry.
- Plan, execute and recruit adult support for special events
· Communicating with other committees as the programs interact
· Participate and support all church activities as time and availability permit